I am excited about the new vision statement adopted by the City in 2022:
Lafayette’s vision is to be a welcoming, inclusive, safe, family-friendly city for residents and visitors alike, with excellent schools and a commitment to lifelong learning that respects and preserves its magnificent natural setting.
Some of my key areas of interest as a Councilmember have included wildfire preparedness, transportation safety, environmental sustainability, fiscal prudence, and smart housing development.
Over the past year as a member of the City Council, I have led discussions on several of these topics and would invite you to listen in and share your views with me to help our city accelerate forward progress to more quickly achieve our vision.
How can Lafayette serve the needs of our community in a financially sustainable way? (October 25, 2021)
What Cities like Lafayette can do.
(April 11, 2022)
My current Councilmember assignments cover a wide variety of my interests:
- Crime Prevention Commission – Primary Liaison
- Emergency Preparedness Commission – Primary Liaison
- Youth Commission – Primary Liaison
- Environmental Task Force – Primary Liaison
- Creeks Committee – Primary Liaison
- Senior Services Commission – Alternate Liaison
- Community Center Foundation – Alternate Liaison
- Engineering/Public Works Subcommittee
- Equity and Inclusion Subcommittee
- Public Safety Subcommittee
- Fiscal Sustainability Subcommittee
- BART – Primary Representative
- EBMUD – Primary Representative
- Association of Bay Area Governments – Alternate Representative
- MCE – Alternate Representative